Forming part of the London Overground East London Line, Hoxton Overground station links Hackney to Croydon.
It is located at the back of the Geffrye Museum on Geffrye Street and is in Travelcard Zones 1 and 2. A relatively new station, it was only opened back in 2010 and already deals with over one million passengers annually.
Exploring East London
To date, it is the only new station to be built along the route of the former Broad Street branch of the North London Line as part of the East London Line project.
The standard two-platform station can accommodate trains with up to four carriages, while the ticket office and entrance concourse is located under the Kingsland Viaduct. Access to both platforms is through lifts and stairs.
From Mondays to Saturdays weekly there is a service every five to ten minutes throughout the day. On Sundays this drops to every five to nine minutes before 1 pm, and then changes to every seven to eight minutes after that. The ticket office is open from 7 am to 10 am Monday to Friday.
The address is Hoxton, London Overground Ltd, Geffrye Street, London E2 8FF.
- Help points
- Ticket halls
Other transport options-
Travellers can also catch a bus from the site, as London Buses routes 26, 48, 55, 67, 149, 242, 243, 394 serve the station. The N26 and N55 night bus routes also stop at Hoxton.
Nearby car parks
- City Car Parksand Storage (244 Crondall Street, London N1 6JF)
- Easy Car Parks (62 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LP)
- Hearn Street Car Park (7-11 Hearn Street, London EC2A 3LS)
- Car Vault London (138 Pitfield Street, London N1)
- Holywell Lane Car Park (Holywell Lane, Shoreditch London EC2A)
- Truman Brewery Parking (Grey Eagle Street, Poplar, London E16)
Nearby sights and attractions-
- Geffrye Museum (136 Kingsland Road, Hackney, London E2)
- Limoncello (340-344 Kingsland Road, Hackney, London E8)
- Hackney City Farm (1 Goldsmiths Row, Hackney, London E2)
- 71a Gallery (71a Leonard Street, London EC2A)
- The Boiler House (91 Brick Lane, E1)
- Comedy Cafe (66-68 Rivington Street, Shoreditch, London EC2A)
- The Old Blue Last (38 Great Eastern Street, Shoreditch, London EC2A)
- Bishopsgate Institute (230 Bishopsgate, Spitalfields, London EC2M)