Old Street has been part of the London Underground network since 1901 and it was revamped as recently as 2013 to complement the nearby East London Tech City development.
The station sits on the Northern line and serves key locations such as King’s Cross and St Pancras stations, Camden and Kentish Town. An average of 22 million people use the station every year and City Road, Shoreditch and East London Tech City are all within walking distance.
The address is Old Street station, London Underground Ltd, Old Street, London EC1Y 1BE.
- Cash machines (both pounds and euro)
- Ticket halls
Other transport at Old Street
- National Rail route – On the Great Northern’s Northern City Line, it stops at Old Streetfrom Monday to Friday until 10 pm. Serves stations including Moorgate and Finsbury Park.
- London Buses – The station is served by routes 21, 43, 55, 76, 135, 141, 205, 214, 243, 271 and night routes N35, N55, N76 and N205. Non TFL route 812 also stops at the station.
- Easy Car Parks (62 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LP)
- National Car Parks (35 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3ER)
- Hearn Street Car Park (7-11 Hearn Street, London EC2A 3LS)
- Clere Street Car Park (Clere Street, London EC2A 4LJ)
- Bookartbookshop (17 Pitfield Street, Hoxton)
- KK Outlet (42 Hoxton Square, Hoxton)
- Kemistry Gallery (43 Charlotte Road, Shoreditch)
- The MOO Shop (Unit 27, BOXPARK, 2-4 Bethnal Green Road)
- Old Spitalfields Market (1 Crispin Place, Spitalfields)
- Rivington Place (Rivington Place, Shoreditch, EC2A)
- Iniva (8-9 Rivington Place, Shoreditch, EC2A)
- 20 Hoxton Square (20 Hoxton Square)
- Geffrye Museum (136 Kingsland Road, Hackney)
- Broadgate Ice Rink (Exchange House, 12 Primrose Street) – seasonal attraction
- Hackney City Farm (1 Goldsmiths Row, Hackney)
- Barbican Centre (Silk Street, City of London)
- Whitechapel Gallery (77-82 Whitechapel High Street, Tower Hamlets, E1)
- The Gherkin (30 St Mary Axe, City of London)